When it comes to selecting a certain online casino to play, gamblers tend to pick those with welcome bonuses and free spins. Today, we explain to you how exactly those work.
When Welcome Bonus is Given
On different online websites-aggregators of online casinos with best Canadian online casino bonuses or on the sites of casinos themselves, you can see basic information about such things as:
- bonuses (welcome deposit and no-deposit bonuses)
- free spins
- RTP rate
- channels of depositing and withdrawal
- the number of slots and other games to play.
Some things are shown, whilst others are not. Amongst these things, bonuses are the most important part, as a lot of people are in the search for good numbers. But is it that simple and this money is simply given out? Well, no. Let’s consider the rules of granting it.
1. No-deposit bonus. Such a type of bonus is rare and not every casino provides it. Usually, it can be claimed by a newly registered player within a certain time after the registration, using a promo code or without it. It may also come automatically. The amounts of even the best no deposit casino bonuses are much smaller than deposit welcome bonus.
2. Deposit bonus.
2.1. It is usually indicated as the total amount of all bonus money, which is distributed between deposits that a newly registered player does. It can be 1-5 first deposits, with a different share of money given to each of them (for instance, 50% on the first one, 30% on the second, and 20% on the third). To claim such a bonus, you have to meet the conditions of depositing.
2.2. Some casinos may set up the time of making all bonus-covered deposits, like, 1 week or 1 month since the date of registration, if you want to claim all bonuses, not just some.
2.3. Different casinos offer different amounts of bonuses – some give you only the exact doubling of the deposited money, whilst others offer more than that, even several times more. Thus, you can deposit 100 dollars and receive 500 dollars on your huge casino bonuses account. But also, some limit the max bonus amount, so you can’t jump above it in any case.
But can you withdraw this money right away? No. Let’s consider below why.
How welcome bonus is claimed during withdrawal of money
After the deposit is given to you, it is not real money. Yet. To claim to withdraw it, you have to fulfill a number of conditions.
- Wager. Wagering money is actually ‘winning’ it from the casino. The wager is the multiplier, which is installed on the amount of money of your deposit and the amount of bonus. It can be established somewhere in between of x30 to x100 – wager grows depending on how much extra bonus money you receive. A simple doubling of it will result in a lower wager, whilst tripling or quadrupling it results in a higher wager.
- Let’s assume you have deposited 100 dollars and received 200 dollars of bonus. That totals to 300 bucks of latest casino bonuses and your money together. The wager is established as x40. That is, 300*40 = 12,000 dollars. That is the total amount of bets you have to make in order to win the money given to you. That may seem daunting, like a goal, which is too big. But that’s actually not, as the RTP rate in casinos is high – usually from 90% to 99%. That is, with 99% RTP, you get back in the long run 99 cents out of every dollar you bet. That is, of course, if you do not win a jackpot.
- Wager reducer. When a bonus is given, it is established by the casino itself, which games you can play to win it. Some games are prohibited, whilst some others simply give you a lesser amount of money added to the wager amount you achieve. For instance, video slots, scratch cards, Keno, Dice, Arcade games can have 1 wager reducer. Roulette, Pai Gow, and Poker may have 0.5 reducer. Craps may have 0.05 reducer. That is, playing 1 dollar in Craps, you will only have 0.05 dollars added to the amount of wager played. So read all this small text in the rules of wager attentively.
Free spins may or may not be attached to deposit bonuses – like 5-10-20-100 free spins and so on. Usually, the casino establishes the specific game, where these can be used. Usually, this is a promoted game, to which the casino wants to draw the attention of players.